Budget workshop nixes vehicle fee
Heavy rains cause sewage spill in Pilot
Early College graduates largest class yet
May proclaimed Preservation Month
Mayfest offers hot time in Pilot Mountain
- Museum camps keep students learning - 9:53 pm
- Budget workshop nixes vehicle fee - 7:51 pm
- Heavy rains cause sewage spill in Pilot - 7:32 pm
- Early College graduates largest class yet - 9:46 pm
- May proclaimed Preservation Month - 9:10 am
- Mayfest offers hot time in Pilot Mountain - 7:36 pm
- SCC tech club holds computer repair day - 1:27 pm
- Disc golf tourney finally beats weather - 5:48 pm
- Thirteen steps to the office - 6:37 pm
- March for Babies comes to Veterans Park - 9:25 am
- Tharrington holds Innovation Day - 9:25 am
- View Story - 12:42 pm
- Kicking and punching at Senior Center - 6:55 am
- Popular cruise-in returns Saturday - 11:42 am
- Dining on the yellow line, again - 11:00 am
- Gunshots put North Surry on lockdown for 35 minutes - 11:16 am updated: 5:08 pm.
- Cardinals name Lowman football coach - 3:37 pm updated: 5:25 pm.
- Photo contest winners named - 7:05 pm
- Botany Class visits Pilot Mountain State Park - 3:03 pm
- Hearing set for contoversial rezoning - 6:51 pm
- Quiz Bowl returns, students compete - 9:09 am
- Late-season snow wreaks havoc - 4:38 pm
- Giving voice to ‘the other man’ - 2:05 pm updated: 12:57 pm.
- Smart Start receives funding to expand Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library across NC - 7:31 am
- History Talk focuses on women in wartime - 11:03 am
March for Babies comes to Veterans Park
The local edition of this year’s March for Babies, March of Dimes biggest annual fundraising event, will be Saturday at Veterans Park in Mount A...
Tharrington holds Innovation Day
B. H. Tharrington Primary students explored a variety of learning opportunities during Innovation Day 2018.Students rotated to three different session...
The streets of downtown Pilot Mountain will close to weekend traffic on Friday morning at 11 a.m. but should soon fill with festive residents and visi...
Kicking and punching at Senior Center
Sometimes, exercise can have unexpected benefits.“The very first time I did tai chi, I couldn’t believe how much easier it was to deal wit...
Popular cruise-in returns Saturday
After taking a winter break, the “Hot Nights and Hot Cars” cruise-in series will be returning to downtown Pilot Mountain on Saturday, fill...
Dining on the yellow line, again
PILOT MOUNTAIN — Despite a windy start and a few drops of rain as guests began to depart at the end of the evening, Pilot Mountain’s ̶...
East turns the tables
RONDA — Some things are so nice they need to happen twice.The East Surry Cardinals and the East Wilkes Cardinals first met this season in week 1...
Three SCC spikers honored for ‘17 performance
DOBSON — Moving back to her natural position of outside hitter paid huge dividends in 2017 for Anika Thomas and Surry Community College’s ...
Cards pull it out with 33 seconds left
PILOT MOUNTAIN — East Surry sent Starmount packing for the second time this season with a 21-14 victory over the Rams in the first round of the ...
East Surry wins JROTC Raider Challenge
The East Surry Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (JROTC) program seemed to enjoy being at home Saturday as it took on a large and impressi...
BURLINGTON — About 15 minutes after their season came to an end on a damp Saturday evening, one could notice many of the East Surry tennis playe...
PILOT MOUNTAIN — Rivalries tend to bring out the best in both Mount Airy and East Surry for a number of reasons.Whether their motivation was the...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Not your Meemaw’s casserole
“We eat with our eyes,” says everyone from scientists in laboratories to the lady next door who puts a little marzipan carrot on each slic...
Chicken breasts don’t have to be boring
Boneless chicken breasts have a lot going for them. They’re a lean protein, low in most of the stuff doctors warn against, and lately, they̵...
Dessert as metaphor for love
From the late 1950s until March 7, 2004, the world was divided between those people who dined at La Côte Basque, and those who did not.Regular di...
Danger of death by Crock-Pot overblown
It couldn’t come at a worse time.Just a little more than a week before the Super Bowl — when we will all be needing our crock-pots for chi...
Logan Mitchell will be 14 years old Jan. 18. His grandparents, Roger and Diane Mitchell, want to wish Logan a very Happy Birthday. They love him to th...
Reader stunned by city action
To the Editor,I was astounded to read the story about the Mount Airy Board of Commissioners refusing the rezoning request for the Shepherd’s Hou...
A red roadster: a dream that won’t die
A red roadster has been an object of desire for me since 1970. Ever since seeing the movie “Love Story,” I have wanted one with all my hea...
Balancing my TV diet, funny is funny
Like most people who live or work in Mount Airy, I’ve got a friend that can’t get enough of “The Andy Griffith Show.” He used ...
A road trip to a jail cell
Some days you put on a sports jacket and your good shoes, and you go up to Cross Creek to see who’s going to be Citizen of the Year. That’...
Zena was her name
To the person who hit and killed a dog on Shoals Road Friday night at 7:14 p.m. I just want you to know that Zena wasn’t a dog to me.Zena was an...
Reader: No problem with illegal immigrants
To the Editor,First, as one of those Americans, ‘who refuse to grasp, or are incapable of grasping, the harm illegal immigrants causes’, I...