Hot cars draws another big crowd
Pilot marks its 130th birthday
Pilot lands new manufacturer
Pilot police add furry new officer
Tractor show echoes farming history
- Pilot board talks police cars - 7:00 am
- Francisco Farmfest features 2 parades - 12:09 pm
- New business opens on Main Street - 12:06 pm
- 42nd annual BBQ sale is Friday - 8:08 pm
- Sweet Repeats registration deadline is Friday - 6:03 pm updated: 6:04 pm.
- End of summer concert coming - 3:27 pm
- Greater Blessing project announced - 5:30 am
- Pilot Mountain Police Reports - 11:59 pm
- Jolo wine takes top spot in competition - 11:56 pm
- Howell auction draws no bidders - 7:29 pm
- Hot cars draws another big crowd - 7:26 pm
- Pilot board buys lot downtown - 5:20 pm
- Llewellyn receives certification - 12:14 pm
- EMS prepping for Hurricane Dorian damage - 8:40 am
- Stokes man killed in morning wreck - 5:01 pm
- County board votes support of HB 370 - 12:23 pm
- Thrift story closing at end of year - 12:03 pm
- Surry County Sheriff Reports - 11:15 am
- Pilot Mountain Police Reports - 7:21 am
- Surry County Sheriff Reports - 11:15 pm
- Pilot marks its 130th birthday - 7:44 am
- Surry County Sheriff Reports - 11:17 pm
- Guardian ad Litem volunteers sought - 10:27 pm
- Military appreciation night is Friday - 9:42 pm
- Pilot lands new manufacturer - 6:05 pm
Howell auction draws no bidders
Four months after the Howell-Nelson funeral homes in Mount Airy and Pilot Mountain closed, a bank-appointed trustee attempted auctioning off the two p...
Hot cars draws another big crowd
The Hot Nights and Hot Cars summer cruise-in series returned to downtown Pilot Mountain on Saturday and, to the delight of organizers, was met with cl...
Llewellyn receives certification
LuAnne Llewellyn, director of Federal Programs for Surry County Schools, was recently recognized as one of five certified, active trainers for OCDE Pr...
EMS prepping for Hurricane Dorian damage
Current weather predictions have Hurricane Dorian sweeping along the coast, sliding off the Outer Banks and heading out into the Atlantic Ocean.Surry ...
Stokes man killed in morning wreck
PILOT MOUNTAIN — A wreck Wednesday morning claimed the life of one driver in the northeast corner of the county.John Shelton, county emergency s...
East Surry names new fieldhouse for Coach Downs
PILOT MOUNTAIN — Long-time coach Barry Hall started out as an assistant to Downs, only to have Downs reverse the tables a bit when he told Hall ...
East turns the tables
RONDA — Some things are so nice they need to happen twice.The East Surry Cardinals and the East Wilkes Cardinals first met this season in week 1...
Three SCC spikers honored for ‘17 performance
DOBSON — Moving back to her natural position of outside hitter paid huge dividends in 2017 for Anika Thomas and Surry Community College’s ...
Cards pull it out with 33 seconds left
PILOT MOUNTAIN — East Surry sent Starmount packing for the second time this season with a 21-14 victory over the Rams in the first round of the ...
East Surry wins JROTC Raider Challenge
The East Surry Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (JROTC) program seemed to enjoy being at home Saturday as it took on a large and impressi...
BURLINGTON — About 15 minutes after their season came to an end on a damp Saturday evening, one could notice many of the East Surry tennis playe...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Labor Day is an annual holiday to celebrate the economic and social contributions of workers to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of the countr...
B&B wins architectural award
The Mount Airy Appearance Commission awarded The Vermeer Bed and Breakfast with the Architectural Excellence Award. The property is located at 137 Tay...
Westfield Ruritans holding public-interest meeting
The Westfield Ruritan Club will be holding a public meeting on Thursday, Aug. 22, beginning at 6:30 p.m. for anyone who would like to attend.The focus...
Buddy Poppy king, queen chosen
A pair of local youths has been selected to represent Pilot Mountain Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 9436 and the VFW Auxiliary in the 2019 Buddy Poppy ...
Rock House Ruritan marks 25 years
The Rock House Ruritan Club will celebrate 25 years of service to its community on Saturday afternoon and all area residents are invited to take part....
Visitor angry over experience
To the Editor,On Saturday, March 23, my sons and I visited Mount Airy.It has been a while since I have been in your city, as I live in Tennessee, and ...
The wisdom of Winston still holds
Considering Winston Churchill was an obnoxious imperialist, it’s a little surprising how often his words of wisdom can be of real value, even to...
Leftists undermining Trump?
To the Editor,For political advantage, leftist-Democrats insist that the recent Supreme Court of the United States confirmation is illegitimate and la...
Barter should have to earn subsidies
To the Editor,I finally got some real clear information on the Barter deal from that recent letter to editor (A better ‘barter’ for taxpay...
A better ‘barter’ for taxpayers
There’s been a flood of untrue comments saying the Committee for Transparency (CFT) is trying to block Barter.Not true. We simply seek to have o...
Writer has had enough with city leaders
To the Editor,After retiring from the Air Force and Postal Service I just wanted to settle down and enjoy my retirement years with no responsibilities...