Body found in Fancy Gap, murder charge issued
Pilot board appoints commissioner
Holiday House Tour kicks off tomorrow
Pilot swears in new mayor, commissioners
Pilot Police Dept. has new flag, memorial
- Body found in Fancy Gap, murder charge issued - 11:54 am
- Mom, daughter honored for work - 11:43 am
- Pilot Mountain Police Reports - 3:47 am
- Pilot board appoints commissioner - 6:29 pm
- Holiday House Tour kicks off tomorrow - 7:18 am
- Pilot swears in new mayor, commissioners - 12:46 pm
- Singer brings anti-bullying message to Pilot - 12:30 pm
- Four Granite Bears fill HOSA seats - 11:39 am
- Deck the halls in Pilot Mountain Saturday - 10:18 am
- Geology class tours granite quarry, Pilot Mountain - 2:15 pm updated: 5:04 pm.
- Rethink Rockford Street plan? - 8:16 am
- HOSA club has busy month - 3:01 pm
- SCC students putting on art show - 7:35 pm
- Scouts commemorate Armistice Day - 3:57 pm
- Pilot Police Dept. has new flag, memorial - 3:41 pm
- ‘Prodigy’ gives SCC talk - 12:49 pm
- Community night a showcase event - 10:36 am
- Pilot elects new mayor, 2 commissioners - 11:50 pm
- SCC instructors win paramedic competition - 3:47 pm
- Finally — election day is here - 12:34 am
- North Surry cadets visit planetarium - 5:29 pm
- Election day nears, with local races - 9:35 pm
- Local leaders recognized nationally - 12:52 pm
- View Story - 8:24 pm
- Rotary grants, reads at Tharrington - 6:22 pm
Geology class tours granite quarry, Pilot Mountain
The Surry Community College Introduction to Geology class recently toured the North Carolina Granite Quarry as part of the final session focus on Nort...
Rethink Rockford Street plan?
To the Editor,I just read the article on the revised Rockford Street in Mount Airy. Although I don’t live in Mount Airy I travel there weekly. T...
HOSA club has busy month
The Mount Aity High School HOSA club has had a busy few weeks, particularly in the final couple of weeks in October.The club hosted its annual annual ...
SCC students putting on art show
Surry Community College art students will be displaying their work in a show later this month.The college’s fall semester art students will pres...
Scouts commemorate Armistice Day
The Raven Knob Boy Scout Museum and Boy Scout Troop 517 of the Beulah/Lowgap communities joined in bell ringing across North Carolina for the Armistic...
Pilot Police Dept. has new flag, memorial
The Pilot Mountain Police Department has a new flag, flagpole, police memorial and spruced-up landscaping gracing its exterior.The Pilot Mountain bran...
East Surry names new fieldhouse for Coach Downs
PILOT MOUNTAIN — Long-time coach Barry Hall started out as an assistant to Downs, only to have Downs reverse the tables a bit when he told Hall ...
East turns the tables
RONDA — Some things are so nice they need to happen twice.The East Surry Cardinals and the East Wilkes Cardinals first met this season in week 1...
Three SCC spikers honored for ‘17 performance
DOBSON — Moving back to her natural position of outside hitter paid huge dividends in 2017 for Anika Thomas and Surry Community College’s ...
Cards pull it out with 33 seconds left
PILOT MOUNTAIN — East Surry sent Starmount packing for the second time this season with a 21-14 victory over the Rams in the first round of the ...
East Surry wins JROTC Raider Challenge
The East Surry Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (JROTC) program seemed to enjoy being at home Saturday as it took on a large and impressi...
BURLINGTON — About 15 minutes after their season came to an end on a damp Saturday evening, one could notice many of the East Surry tennis playe...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Tracey, Hanna, Sara and Matt Coker from Richmond Hill, Georgia, spent several days with Janice and Sammy Lawson this past week. Janice and Sammy are T...
• Philip Michael Stone, son of Thaddeus Stone and grandson of Penny Joyce Stone, arrived in the USA on Sept. 5. This was his first visit to the ...
Final cruise-in of the year Saturday
The “Hot Nights and Hot Cars” summer cruise-in series will draw to a close for this year on Saturday, leaving the sponsoring Mount Pilot N...
When in Florence, eat pizza
When in Rome, do as the Romans do, as the old saying goes, but more pertinent to this week’s situation: when in Florence, do as the Florentines ...
Gillespie’s Celebrate 50th Anniversary.
Pete and Mildred Gillespie celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on Friday August 10, with a dinner party including their family and friends. They...
Writer has had enough with city leaders
To the Editor,After retiring from the Air Force and Postal Service I just wanted to settle down and enjoy my retirement years with no responsibilities...
The internet is indeed a world wide web
Have you noticed your inbox being flooded with permission requests from just about everybody that has your email address? From the internet giants to ...
Who is America’s greatest living novelist?
Is it too soon to ask who is now America’s greatest living novelist? Philip Roth has been dead since Tuesday, and I’m a little curious as ...
Celebrities are just like us, they die
It is really annoying the way celebrities whom one has never met are constantly dropping dead and inflicting unwanted reminders of mortality on all of...
A ‘peony’ by any other name
A most delightful aroma was wafting out of my colleague Kim Cagle’s office on Thursday as I walked by. I looked inside, and she had a glorious b...
Reader stunned by city action
To the Editor,I was astounded to read the story about the Mount Airy Board of Commissioners refusing the rezoning request for the Shepherd’s Hou...