Surry Community College is offering an Essential Oils and Aromatherapy Series featuring classes that will each take a closer look at how using essential oils and aromatherapy can improve your health.
Each month from August to December, the series will highlight a different topic; students can enroll in just one course or all of the courses comprised to make up the series.
The course will be led by Surry Instructor Ewell Vernon. Vernon has a wealth of both educational and real world experience in the health and wellness realm including teaching sports medicine and physical fitness curriculum classes at Surry and serving as the athletic trainer for the Surry Knights athletic teams.
Vernon holds a B.S. in athletic training from Gardner-Webb University and a Masters of Health Science degree from Nova Southeastern University. Additionally, he has studied aromatherapy and holds Certified Personal Trainer, Licensed Athletic Trainer and Athletic Trainer Certified credentials. Furthermore, Vernon stays up to date on all the latest ways to improve one’s wellness by running his own consulting company, Impact Wellness Solutions.
The courses to be offered are:
– Back to School (and Life): Immunity Through Essential Oils, Nutrition and Other Proactive Steps will be offered Monday, Aug. 21 from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
– Decreasing Aches and Pains with Essential Oils, Stretching and Movement will be offered Monday, Sept. 18 from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
– Weight Management and Entering the Holidays will be offered Monday, Oct. 23 from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
– Cold and Flu Are Not Seasons: How to Build the Body to Fight Off Colds and Flu will be offered Monday, Nov. 13 from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
– Top Essential Oils for Winter will be offered Monday, Dec. 11 from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
All classes will be held in Room J-201 on Surry’s campus at 630 S. Main St., Dobson. Advance registration and payment of a $10 class fee are required for each course. Call (336) 386-3618 for more information.